Weld County Alert System CodeRed
What is CodeRED?
The Public Safety Agencies of Weld County are using CodeRED, a high-speed mass notification system to keep you safe in the event of an emergency. The system allows Weld County to deliver messages to you via a phone call to your landline or mobile device and through text and email. You will know you have a received a CodeRED alert when the number 866-419-5000 appears on your caller ID. If you missed any message details, you can always dial the toll-free number back, as many times as needed.
Sign up for CodeRED
It’s FREE to sign up. If you are not registered in the database, you will not receive notifications of emergencies in your area.
To sign up:
- Visit www.weld911alert.com
- Create a user profile to register your information
- Enter your information including:
- Address to be monitored
- Phone number
- Secondary phone number
- Opt-in for Weather Alert notifications from the National Weather Service
- If you don’t have a computer to register online, you can contact Weld County Office of Emergency Management at 970-304-6540 and ask for assistance in registering your information.
Examples of CodeRED Messages
- Boil Water Notices
- Criminal Activity
- Evacuation Notices
- Missing Person Cases
CodeRED Quick Facts:
- The system is geographically based, alerting only residents in the affected area.
- Citizens may select how they would like to receive alerts: phone call, text, and/or email.
- Emergency alerts are issued by the Weld County Regional Communications Center (WCRCC).
- A follow-up message will be issued by the WCRCC to announce an ‘all-clear’.
- There is also an app called CodeRED Mobile Alert from iTunes or the Google Play Store that you can download onto your smartphone for free from iTunes or Google Play (additional fees may apply to use all these features in the app).